It isn't an exaggeration to say that LAS students are changing the world! In this virtual lightning talk event, hear about the impact that students from a variety of disciplines across LAS are making through their research. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions of the student researchers after each presentation. We hope you can join us to learn more from this next-generation of LAS alumni!
1. Sean MacAllister, Molecular and Cellular Biology and Behavioral Neuroscience Psychology : VacA, a Carcinogenic Toxin: A Sticky Situation
2. Alaina Bottens, Gender & Women's Studies and Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences: Beyond the State: A Future for Grassroots Climate and Environmental Disaster Response
3. Ananya Tiwari, Educational Psychology and Gender Relations in International Development: Enhancing Socio-Emotional Skills in Adolescent Underrepresented Girls in India
4. Irene Ryu, Communications and Political Science: How Susceptibility to Economic Sanctions and Nuclear Capabilities Impact the Nuclear Disarmament Processes
5. Fahren Zackery, Integrative Biology: Does the Dilution Effect Operate in the Human Microbiome? A Review of Microbial Diversity Studies and Human Health Outcomes
6. Sarah Gediman, History and Earth, Society, & Environmental Sustainability: Hazardous Energy in Lake Michigan